Fostera PRRS is used for the vaccination of healthy, susceptible swine 3 weeks of age or older in PRRSV positive herds or seronegative pigs deemed at risk for exposure to PRRSV as an aid in preventing respiratory disease associated with PRRSV.
Now licensed for whole herd protection against both the respiratory and reproductive forms of disease caused by porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS) virus. New label claim for vaccination of sows and gilts pre-breeding to help provide protection against the reproductive form of the disease.
• Fostera PRRS helps defend growing pigs facing a PRRSV challenge, allowing them to maximize their post-challenge weight gain.
• Fostera PRRS offers the power of innovation, along with Pfizer Animal Health’s commitment to safety, quality control and manufacturing consistency.
• A challenge study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy of Fostera PRRS against a virulent, heterologous PRRSV challenge.
Vaccination with Fostera PRRS:
- Reduced lung lesions by 84 percent.
- Reduced overall respiratory clinical
signs by 80 percent.
- Improved average daily gain by
Aseptically rehydrate the freeze-dried vaccine with the sterile diluent provided, shake well and administer 2 mL intramuscularly to pigs 3 weeks of age or older. Duration of immunity studies are in progress.
Do not vaccinate pregnant swine or boars of breeding age.
Store at 2°-7°C (35°-45° F). Do not freeze.
Do not vaccinate within 21 days before slaughter.