Dupont- A broad spectrum disinfectant which is effective against gram-positive and negative bacteria, fungi (molds and yeasts) and Mycoplasma. Has a hydrogen peroxide base, is 90% biodegradable, non-irritating and non-corrosive at 1% dilution. 10#'s makes 123 gals, and 1 gal does 135 sq ft.
FOB charges may apply
Virkon® S, the premier broad spectrum virucidal veterinary disinfectant, is recognised by industry and governments worldwide as a disinfectant of choice for livestock disease prevention and control.
Virkon® S has a unique formulation; no other disinfectant has the same powerful composition. In terms of efficacy Virkon® S has been proven highly effective against 65 strains of virus in over 19 viral families, 400 strains of bacteria and over 100 strains of fungi. This list of proven efficacy includes the major OIE List A diseases of concern; Avian Influenza (H5N1), Newcastle Disease, Classical Swine Fever (Hog Cholera) and Foot and Mouth Disease.
Virkon® S' versatility provides the flexible solution for; surface, water and aerial disinfection, in hard water, on porous surfaces, at low temperatures and in the presence of organic challenge.
- UK DEFRA Approved - Foot and Mouth Disease, Swine Vesicular Disease, Diseases of Poultry and General Orders
- Powerful - independently proven effective against viral, bacterial and fungal disease causing organisms including the lethal H5N1 Avian Influenza Virus.
- Fast-acting - a one percent solution of Virkon® S is independently proven to kill bacteria with contact times as low as five minutes and the tough to kill parvovirus in ten minutes or less.
- Versatile - surface, equipment, vehicle, footdip, water delivery system and aerial disinfection.
- Independently proven effective on porous surfaces, in hard water, at low temperatures and in the presence of organic challenge.
- Readily soluble in tap water , Virkon® S dissolves into a pink solution.
- An environmentally acceptable product with an exceptional safety profile towards man and animals when used and disposed of as instructed on the label.
- Transport and storage - being a powdered disinfectant formulation Virkon® S can be swiftly transported by air and can be stored for long periods making it the ideal choice for stockpiling in bulk.
Mode of Action
DuPontTM Virkon® S does not elicit a specific toxicological effect on the target organism, instead it achieves deactivation and/or destruction of the target organism through general oxidative disruption of key structures and compounds vital to normal activity (e.g. proteins and lipids).
There is no evidence to suggest that bacterial disease causing organisms develop resistance towards Virkon® S as opposed to other disinfectant types.