Canine Spectra 10 from Durvet is for SQ vaccination of healthy dogs 6 weeks of age or older as an aid in the prevention of disease by Canine Distemper, infections Canine Hepatitis, Canine Adenovirus Type 2 (CAV-2), Canine Coronavirus, Canine Parainfluenza, and Canine Parvovirus (CPV) Type 2b, Leptospira canicola, Leptospira grippotyphosa, Leptospira icterohaemorrhagiae and Leptospira Pomona.
Single dose w/syringe.
Features & Benefits:
- Meets or exceeds USDA standards
- Contains Type 2B Parvorirus for rapid immunity and cross protection against all recognized field strains
- Parvo fraction is high titration, low passage
- High vaccine titers help overcome low-level maternal antibody interference in puppies
- Available in single dose with syringe
- Easy do-it-yourself vaccination yields huge savings, especially for multiple dog owners, breeders, and shelters
The dosage is 1 mL injected subcutaneously. Open syringe by twisting or tapping the cap against a hard surface to break the heat weld. Prepare the vaccine by injecting the diluent into the vial containing the desiccated vaccine cake. Shake well. Withdraw entire contents into the syringe. Thoroughly prepare injection site with antiseptic. Lift the loose skin behind the neck or behind front leg and insert needle. Inject entire contents of syringe. Do not inject directly into blood vessel.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Before injecting vaccine, pull back slightly on syringe plunger. If blood enters the syringe freely, choose another injection site. A recommended vaccination schedule should start at or about 6 weeks of age. The presence of maternal antibody is known to interfere with the development of active immunity. Puppies should be revaccinated every 2 to 3 weeks until at least 16 weeks of age. All dogs over 12 weeks of age should initially receive one dose of Spectra® 10 and a second dose 2 to 3 weeks later. Annual revaccination with a single dose is recommended.