Use Swine BlueLite to provide additional energy, electrolytes, and acidification. For over 25 years, Swine BlueLite has been proven to help lower gut pH, to reduce problems of dehydration-shrink, and is an effective rehydration product for swine of any age.
Swine BlueLite has a pleasant taste, which helps to maintain fluid intake when many unpleasant tasting water supplements are added to the drinking water. Helping to encourage consistent water intake, pigs are able to maintain adequate hydration which is even more important during times of stress, such as following shipment or movement, during extreme weather conditions, or weaning. Swine BlueLite provides multiple sources of energy and is specifically formulated to provide critical nutrients and to lower gut pH. By lowering the gut pH, the growth of bacteria is inhibited. Producers appreciate that Swine BlueLite is easy-to-administer, well-known, and has proven results.
When to Use:
- Following shipment or movement
- During extreme weather conditions
- To provide added energy
- To reduce water pH
- At weaning
- For nursing or newly weaned pigs to help mask unpleasant taste of medicants
- After scours
Key Functional Components:
Acidification, Electrolytes, Energy
Features and Benefits:
- Easy to administer and extremely palatable
- Well-known product with proven results
- Provides multiple energy sources
- An acidified electrolyte that combines energy sources specifically designed to combat losses in swine due to shrink or dehydration
- Acidification helps to lower gut pH, acting as a bacteria inhibitor
Directions for Use:
Use Swine BlueLite in the drinking water one of the following three ways when pigs appear dehydrated from environmental or management stress such as hot weather, weaning, transportation, handling and/or sorting. Give product for 5-7 days or until pigs are consuming their normal amount of feed.
1. Mix one ounce (3 tablespoons) of Swine BlueLite product per 4 gallons of drinking water.
- Or -
2. Mix one pound (2 1/2 cups) of Swine BlueLite product per 64 gallons of drinking water.
- Or -
3. Mix 2 pounds (5 cups) of Swine BlueLite product per gallon of stock solution. Provide 1 ounce of stock solution to each gallon (128 ounces) of drinking water.
It is estimated that pigs will normally consume between 8-12% of their body weight in water, depending on environmental and biological stress level. Below are estimated water intake of pigs at different body weights. Estimates are based on water weighing 8.33 pounds per gallon. Please note these are estimates and intakes can vary significantly dependent on several factors.
10-20 lb pig - 0.10-0.25 gallon per day
20-30 lb pig - 0.25-0.35 gallon per day
Mix 6 pounds (2.72 kg) of Swine BlueLite to each ton of complete swine feed. Use Swine BlueLite in the feed for 5-7 days or until pigs are consuming their normal amount of feed.
Calcium (Ca), min..........0.10%
Calcium (Ca), max.........0.50%
Phosphorus (P), min.....0.15%
Salt (NaCl), min............1.80%
Salt (NaCl), max............2.30%
Sodium (Na), min...........1.00%
Sodium (Na), max..........1.50%
Potassium (K), min.........0.84%