Hydration is the key component for health and profitability. For over twenty years, Bovine BlueLite has been the first choice for cattle in the feedyard to provide specific electrolytes, multiple energy sources, and essential vitamins and nutrients to provide cattle with a more proficient start
Bovine BlueLite helps cattle to rehydrate in times of stress, such as upon arrival to feedlots, during periods of heat stress, and prior to shipping. When cattle suffer from dehydration, potassium is the first electrolyte that is excreted. As a high potassium electrolyte, Bovine BlueLite provides cattle with a source for quick replacement. To mass treat calves on arrival, add Bovine BlueLite to water, in the TMR, or top dress on feed. For use during heat stress events, administer a few days before temperatures rise and continue to use during heat stress periods. Producers have seen increased profitability by using Bovine BlueLite as a way to improve carcass quality, reduce shrink loss, and reduce the potential for dark cutters.
When to Use:
- For starting feedlot cattle
- At arrival into the yard
- To help increase dry matter intake
- During hot weather and for heat stress
- In hospital cattle
- In long haul cattle
- Prior to shipping to reduce the incidence of dark cutters
- During sorting
- After diarrhea
- To help reduce the incidence of dark cuttes
- For other stress and dehydration challenges
Key Functional Components:
Buffered Electrolytes, Potassium, Magnesium, Sodium Chloride, Energy Sources
Features and Benefits:
- Very palatable to help boost water intake
- Provides added nutrients and electrolytes
- Delivers fluid balancing osmolytes to help reduce short and long term heat effects on immune function, feet and legs, and reproduction
- Replenishes potassium, magnesium and calcium
- Can be added to the TMR or top dress to ensure that cattle regularly receive nutrients
Directions for Use:
Mix 2 pounds of Bovine BlueLite in 128 gallons of drinking water.
TMR Option 1:
Mix with grain, 2 ounces per cow per day. One 6 pound bag feeds approximately 50 cows.
TMR Option 2:
Mix appropriate amount of Bovine BlueLite in 5 gallon pail of warm water. Add to TMR for even dispersion.
Mix 1 ounce two to three days before heat stress event daily, then when heat starts, increase dosage to 2 ounces per cow per day. When heat lowers, decrease usage to 1 ounce per cow per day until event passes. In times when heat remains high for an extended period of time, Bovine BlueLite can remain a continuous part of rations for heat abatement.
For Show Cattle:
Add Bovine BlueLite to water two to three days prior to travelling to the show, then keep Bovine BlueLite in the water once at the show to help minimize palatability issues with different water sources