BimaGard™ 12.5% Liquid Concentrate from Bimeda is a solution containing 12.5% tiamulin hydrogen fumarate, administered through the drinking water, for the effective treatment of swine dysentery and swine pneumonia. Dysentery associated with Brachyspira (formerly Serpulina or Treponema) hyodysenteriae and pneumonia due to Actinobacillus pleuropneumoniae susceptible to tiamulin.
- he same formulation as Denegard® LC
Proven molecule for targeted treatment of disease
- Labeled for the treatment of swine dysentery and swine pneumonia
Fast, effective treatment of disease in grow-finish pigs
- Can be found in the blood within 30 minutes after dosing
- No age restrictions
Convenient dosing through daily drinking water
- Administered in the drinking water for five consecutive days
- Concentrated solution disperses readily into drinking water
The concentration of tiamulin hydrogen fumarate in the drinking water must be adjusted to compensate for variation in
water consumption due to weight or size of the pig, environmental temperature and other factors. It is important
that pigs receive the proper drug dose, 3.5 mg tiamulin hydrogen fumarate per pound for swine dysentery or 10.5 mg
tiamulin hydrogen fumarate per pound for swine pneumonia, each day for 5 consecutive days.
3 days after treatment at 3.5 mg per pound body weight
7 days after treatment at 10.5 mg per pound body weight